Join the Retail Action Project for a dialogue on the report findings of a recent participatory city-wide survey of NYC retail workers: Discounted Jobs: How Retailers Sell Workers Short on Friday, April 13th at 9am at the CUNY Murphy Institute.
Retail is a leading industry in job creation, yet retail is also America’s largest employer of low wage workers, with many struggling on part-time employment with unpredictable schedules and few benefits. With inequality growing, now is the time to turn the spotlight on the quality of retail jobs and advance new strategies to turn retail jobs into the family sustaining jobs we all deserve. Improving the quality of retail jobs must be a priority for any plan to address the growing inequality in America.
– Retail Action Project Members sharing reflections from the sales floor and industry survey
- Stephanie Luce – Associate Professor, CUNY Murphy Institute
- Dorian Warren – Fellow, Roosevelt Institute, Columbia University
- Carrie Gleason – Executive Director, Retail Action Project
- Stuart Appelbaum – President, Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU, UFCW)
Click here to view more event details on Facebook.